Oral Picture 1 – Hospital Ward
Introduction: Setting
This picture shows us a scene in a ward at a hospital which is spacious, bright and clean. There is an elderly man lying on the bed. There are two children running around.
Scenario 1- Normal
a) Describe what you see.
There is an efficient nurse attending to the elderly man who is lying on the bed and his right leg is in a cast. I think that he had fractured his right leg or meet with an accident. They seem like talking to each other. Maybe the nurse is asking him whether he is comfortable while she pats him on his shoulder and adjusts the pillow so he will be comfortable at the position.
b) Personal Respond (PR)
I think that the nurse is very caring. If I am the man lying on the bed, I will praise her and say to her she is a very caring nurse. I think that the nurse and patience should communicate in a polite manner and respect each other.
Scenario 2- Wrong and consequence & Cause and Effect
a) Describe what you see.
There are two mischievous kids, a girl and a boy, are playing tag. The boy is chasing the girl and he tried to reach the girl by stretching out his hand. There is a woman sitting on a chair who is fuming mad when she saw the misbehaving kids playing around the ward and making noise. I think that the kids are her children. Looking at the woman’s expression, I can tell that she is very angry at the kids. I think that the kids, woman and the man are related and they are visiting the man.
b) Personal Respond (PR)
(i) Comment on the wrong action (Inferring)
They should not play around in the ward as the noise made by them will affect the other patience who are sleeping in other wards.
(ii) Give options on the situation or the people (Feelings, Judgment and Justification/reason)
I strongly advise them not to play at the hospital as they might interrupt the patience’s sleep be making noise. Hospital is the place where the patience rest, receive treatment and recover. If I am the parent of the kids, I will feel ashamed and will teach them a lesson.
(iii) Consequence/ Prediction
If this continue they might either be chase out of the hospital by the security guards which is called by the nurse or collide onto somebody or the medical equipment.
(iiii) Suggestion for solution
They should be playing at the field or quadrangle and not make nuisance in the hospital.
Conclusion
Children should be thought by their parents whether what place is the most suitable to do in the situation.

No comments:
Post a Comment