May 7, 2010

12-year-old boy, Nick and What I am grateful about

Nick Santonastasso is a pretty talented kid: He can play the drums and the piano, has mastered two types of skateboards and is learning how to swim. And in April, Nick won a New Jersey art contest for a poster he drew.

And while these may all sound like typical accomplishments for a 12-year-old boy, Nick is special for other reasons.

Born without legs and with only one arm and one finger, Nick says he can do everything other kids his age can do.

"I'm capable of what everyone else is," Nick told ABCNEWS.com.

When asked how he skateboards with no legs, Nick replied simply, "I just jump on."

Nick is only the 12th person to be born with oromandibular limb hypogenesis syndrome or Hanhart syndrome type II, according to his mother, Stacey Santonastasso. She said doctors explained to her that the condition is not genetic or environmental, and just simply "happens."

Nick Santonastas

1) I am greatful for having the parts that is usally human being have.

2) I am greatful that Miss Chia played the video to us and I learn that we are very very lucky to have what we have now. (so STOP complaining about yourself. What you have and blah blah blah...)

3) I am greatful that I have food to eat, cloths to wear, bed to sleep, house for shelter, educated and to be a Singaporean.

That's more that I am greatful...

So Please Treasure what you have now...

Oh! And treasure the notes Miss Chia gave us as the pupils from 6C which was 5C last year wants it but it's up to their teacher.

So Please Please Please Please Please Treasure what you have now.

Bye! Hope you remember what I had said.

No comments:

C-Box, You spam I ban