Suddenly, someone or something knocked the door. Knock…Knock….Knock… It continued but it came to a stop when John walked towards it. Being frightened, I quickly hided behind Mary as beads of perspiration started dripping down my forehead.
“What…is….that?” I asked as I closed my eyes, holding on to Mary’s hand tightly. “Is…it…a ghost?”
The sound of somebody knocking the door repeated over and over again… Then, there was totally silence in the room and the door opened. Someone had unlocked it! John walked slowly towards the door. He opened the door at 45 degree and looked if there was anyone in the house. Mary and I followed with quite footsteps.
Out of a sudden, a radio was automatically switched on by itself. The sound from the radio blasted out loudly. As we walked down the hall way, we passed by rooms which do not have any doors. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped… I am totally speechless. I felt an eerie feeling upon seeing the rooms although it was empty.
A man appeared out of nowhere. His steps can be heard. He worn a dark blue hoot and his back was facing us when we turned around.
“Well… Well… Well! Trespassers! What do you want?” he said in a low voice.
“We…we were just curious where…is the passage linked to.” John said in a timid voice.
A second later when I blinked my eyes, the mysterious man disappeared! The history repeat itself again as we passed by room by room. When we finally reached the hall, we saw a person was sitting on an arm chair.
“Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!” a very familiar voice echoed down the hall.
When he turned around, we saw a “skeleton” man. We were all dumbfounded. We ran out of the house at lightening speed. I questioned myself if I was in a dream when I stepped out of the house. The house was at the middle of a cemetery!
“Revenge! Mabel Tan!!!” the man said as he appeared in front of us.
We ran off like a bolt of lightning through the cemetery and then about mile away the cemetery until we reach Henstable again. We went back to Aunt Mabel’s house and explained to her. We got a scolding from her and found out what had happened to the man.
The truth hit me hard. The man was actually a lunatic who murdered about twenty people in the town and buried them. In the end he died due to starvation.
I cannot believe it… I had actually witnessed a ghost. An evil one.
432 words
Edited and done by : Sim Jia Jun

No comments:
Post a Comment